The Human Resources Department strives to provide the highest quality of service to City departments, employees, and the citizens of Lemon Grove.
The Department's most important objective is to hire and retain excellent employees throughout the organization. To do this, the Department reviews the City's salary and benefits plan for competitiveness, provides a variety of opportunities to encourage professional growth, conducts on-the-job training, develops supervisory and other management training programs, and provides employment-related services.
The key Human Resources functions include:
- Administration: Provides professional and technical assistance to City departments in all areas of human resources and employee relations issues.
- Employee Recruitment, Retention, and Selection: Recruits, tests, and selects staff consistent with organizational needs.
- Employee Compensation & Classification: Administers the City's total compensation program and maintains an updated classification system.
- Employee Evaluation: Maintains the performance appraisal system to maximize productivity and employee development.
- Equal Employment Opportunity: Implements outreach activities to the community. Administers City Equal Employment Opportunity Policy to ensure fair employment practices.
- Employee Service Award Program: Administers service award program.
- Labor Relations: Assists with labor negotiations and the administration of contracts.
- Employee Training: In conjunction with City departments, develops employee training programs.
- Employee Benefits: Administers employee insurance and City benefit programs, disability benefits and leaves, employment physicals, and drug testing programs.
Medical Examination, Background Check, and Legal Right to Work
If a job offer is made, you will be required to:
- Pass a post-offer medical examination, including TB test and drug screen;
- Pass a background check (consisting of inquiries into the applicant's criminal, employment, driving record, credit history, education and civil records); and,
- Submit verification of your legal right to work in the United States.
All employment offers are subject to the results of satisfactory completion of the medical examination, background check, and proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
ASSISTANCE WITH YOUR APPLICATION
An Equal Opportunity
The City of Lemon Grove is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Lemon Grove is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to potential applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older) disability or genetic information.
Online applications must be completed to its entirety and should clearly show all minimum qualifications are met. All statements made on the application are subject to investigation and verification. A separate application must be filed for each position. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of completed application forms.
If you need assistance completing your online application, or are experiencing technical issues, please contact the City of Lemon Grove directly at 619-825-3800.
Candidates who require a reasonable accommodation in the testing/selection process should state their needs in writing when submitting online applications. Accommodation request can be emailed to email@example.com
Human Resources Manager
Lemon Grove City Hall
3232 Main Street
Lemon Grove, CA 91945