We do collect some technical information to make your visit seamless. The section below explains how we handle and collect technical information when you visit our website.
Information Collected and Stored Automatically
When you browse, read pages or download information on the City of Lemon Grove website, we and/or third-party vendors automatically gather and store certain technical information about your visit. This information never identifies who you are. The information we collect and store about your visit is listed below:
- The Internet domain (for example, "yourisp.com" if you use a private Internet access account, or "yourschool.edu" if you connect from a university's domain) and IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web) from which you access our website;
- The type of browser (e.g., Netscape, Internet Explorer) and operating system (Windows, Mac) used to access our site;
- The date and time you access our site;
- The pages you visit; and
- If you linked to the City of Lincoln website from another website, the address of that website.
This information is used to help us make the site more useful for you. With this data we learn about the number of visitors to our site and the types of technology our visitors use. We never track or record information about individuals and their visits.
When you visit the City of Lemon Grove website, our web server generates a piece of information known as a cookie. These cookies collect the information described above. The purpose is to analyze web traffic in order to make the website more useful. Cookies do not collect any personal information at any time and they are optional. You can refuse to "accept" this cookie by changing the security settings in your browser.
If You Send Us Personal Information
While you must provide an e-mail address for a localized response to any incoming questions or comments to the City of Lemon Grove website, we recommend that you NOT include any other personal information, especially Social Security numbers in email.
The purpose of the city’s social media pages is to present matters of public interest in Lemon Grove, California, including its many residents, businesses, and visitors. We encourage questions, comments, and concerns, but please note that the city’s social media pages are moderated online discussions and not public forums. We recognize the web is a 24/7 medium and your comments are welcome at any time. However, given the need to manage our staff resources, and your tax dollars, we generally only monitor comments and posts during regular business hours. We expect individuals to maintain an acceptable degree of civility. Once posted, the city reserves the right to delete inappropriate posts and comments, including but not limited to those that:
- Contain vulgar or obscene language or sexual content
- Contain personal attacks of any kind, including language that threatens or defames any person, organization, ethnic or religious group
- Promote, foster, or perpetuate discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, genetics, national origin, physical or intellectual disability, sexual orientation or other protected class
- Contain spam or links to other sites
- Digress from the topic being discussed
- Promote or advocate illegal activity
- Support or oppose particular services, products, political organizations, or political candidates
- Violate the legal ownership interest of another person, or infringe on copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property
- Contain personally identifiable medical or financial information
- Contain information that may compromise the safety, security, or proceedings of public systems or any criminal or civil investigations
All comments and posts made on Lincoln’s social media sites are considered public records and are bound by state and federal laws and California records retention policies. Comments posted to City of Lemon Grove social media sites represent the opinions of the individuals providing the comments and not the views, positions, or policies of the Public Information Office, the city or its officials or employees.
If you have any questions concerning the city’s social media pages or social media comment policy, contact the Lemon Grove City Manager's Office at 619. 825-3817.