Applying for a Building Permit
Applications for building permits may be made in person at the Building Division counter.
To apply for a building permit:
- Submit a complete Building Permit Application
- City Staff will verify if the submittal meets the guidelines
- Permit Technician will verify the submittal of documents and fees paid.
- Note: Your plan review time frame does not start until the required documents are submitted and fees paid.
To apply for a building permit you may need the following items:
- Property owner name, phone number, and address.
- Contractor name, phone number, address, state license number, City Business License, and current worker compensation certificate.
- Architect name, phone number, and address.
- Engineer name, phone number, and address.
- Plan check fees and/or permit fees may be collected. The cashier accepts cash, check, MasterCard, and Visa.
- A project valuation is required.
- Plans may be required.
- The applicant must be the property owner, a licensed contractor, or an authorized agent.
- A letter of authorization for authorized agents will be required.