Skip to main content Skip to footer

Encroachment Permit

Encroachment permits are required for any work in the city's right-of-way or a city easement. Types of work that require an encroachment permit include:

  • Minor new improvements such as sidewalks, pedestrian ramps, curb cuts for driveway.
  • Removal and replacement of existing curb, gutter, and sidewalk.
  • Street light work.
  • Trenching.
  • Utility services such as water and sewer laterals.
  • Roll off trash containers in the right-of-way.

Applications and fees can be submitted to the Engineering Division for review. Once the application is approved, the permit will be issued.

Click here for the Encroachment Permit Application Package. For questions please call 619-825-3800.

Wireless Facilities 

On October 15, 2019, The Lemon Grove City Council adopted a resolution approving an Encroachment Policy for Wireless Facilities within the public right-of-way. Click here for the design standards and click here for the application. 

Transportation Permit

Transportation permits are required to operate or move a vehicle or special equipment that are considered to be unusually large, wide or heavy loads, which will be transported through the City of Lemon Grove. The permit application form can be found here and submitted to the Engineering Division for approval.

A Certificate of Insurance naming the City of Lemon Grove as additional insured for a minimum of $1 millions is required along with a $16 permit fee.

Click here for the Transportation Permit Application. For questions please call 619-825-3800.


Initial fees and/or deposits will be due and payable in person when the engineering permit submission is made at City Hall. Additional fees and/or deposits may be required if the initial deposit is exhausted. 

This website uses cookies to enhance usability and provide you with a more personal experience. By using this website, you agree to our use of cookies as explained in our Privacy Policy.