Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

CITY council

1. Where can I get a copy of the current City Council Agenda?
The City Council Agenda is posted on the Agenda page on the Friday before the Tuesday meeting. The agenda is available for public review at Lemon Grove City Hall at 3232 Main Street

2. Where can I get a copy of a past City Council Agenda?

Request a copy by contacting the City Clerk at 619-825-3800.


Community development

1. NEW Building Department counter hours
The Building Department is available to issue permits during the following hours ONLY: 7:00-11:30 a.m. M-Th.

2. How do I know if I should contact the Building Department or the Planning Department?
The Building Department answers questions regarding building structures. The Planning Department answers questions regarding what you can do with the property, ie. permitted uses, setbacks, and lot standards.


1. How do I know if the business I want to open is allowed where I want to locate it?
The City of Lemon Grove is divided into zones specified in the Planning and Building Codes that allow for various uses. Please check with the Planning/Zoning Department at (619) 825-3805 to see if your use is permitted at a particular address.

2. Am I required to have a Business License?
Yes, all persons operating or doing business within the city limits of Lemon Grove are required to have a business license per Municipal Code.

3. We are contractors doing a job within the City of Lemon Grove. Do we need a Business License?
Yes. The City of Lemon Grove requires that any business conducting or operating within the city limits must obtain a City business license prior to beginning the job.

4. How much does a Business License cost?
Generally, an In-City Business License costs $45.00 + $38.00 Storm water fee + $2.00 per employee. Other fees may apply. Business licenses are prorated quarterly. Please contact the License Clerk at (619) 825-3800 for more specific pricing.

 5. How long does it take to get a Business License?
Current processing time is two weeks. Applications cannot be expedited. All applications must be approved by multiple departments within the City and may take longer, should there be any problems. To avoid possible delays, please be sure your application is complete and that you have researched the proper permits and licenses needed for your business.

6. I sold my businesses. How do I close my account?
Please contact the License Clerk at 3232 Main St, Lemon Grove, CA 91945, (619) 825-3800. Accounts can be closed in person, over the phone, or by letter notification.

7. My business changed ownership. Do I need to reapply for the Business License?
Yes. Any change in ownership requires a new Business License Application to be submitted to the City.

8. My business moved to a new location. Do I have to reapply for a Business License?
Yes. Any change in location of a business requires a new Business License Application to be submitted to the City. Due to zoning regulations within the City, your address change may take up to two weeks for approval.

9. How do I get a resale license / seller’s permit?
This number is required by the State of California in order to monitor the collection of sales tax. Contact the State Board of Equalization at 1350 Front St #5047, San Diego, CA 92101, (619) 525-4526 for more information.

10. What is a fictitious name statement?
If you use a business name other than your own legal name or initials, you must file a fictitious name statement with the County Clerk’s Office at 200 South Magnolia Avenue, El Cajon, CA 92020 (619) 401-5700.

11. How can I get a permit for massage therapy, holistic health, massage establishment, secondhand dealer, and pawnbroker?
Contact the License Clerk in the Finance Department at (619) 825-3800 or bwardrip@lemongrove.ca.gov

12. How do I get a dog license?
Bring proof of current rabies vaccination to City Hall, located at 3232 Main St, Lemon Grove, CA 91945, (619) 825-3800. You will need to complete a dog license application and pay the fee.

13. I have a service dog. Does it need a license?
Yes. You need to bring proof of rabies vaccination to City Hall, located at 3232 Main St., Lemon Grove, CA 91945, (619)825-3800, and complete forms, one certifying that the dog is a service dog. A special tag is issued at no fee.

14. How do I renew my dog license?
You can either go to the City of Lemon Grove located at 3232 Main St., Lemon Grove, CA 91945, or mail your payment with your renewal notice and proof of rabies shot to the same address.

15. How do I claim my dog if it is impounded?
Animals impounded in the City of Lemon Grove are boarded at the Chula Vista Animal Care Facility, located at 130 Beyer Way, Chula Vista, CA 91911, (619) 691-5123. Proof of current rabies vaccination and dog license are required to claim your dog.

16. What should I do if I find a stray dog?
If you have found a stray dog, please bring the dog to the Chula Vista Animal Care Facility, 130 Beyer Way, or you can call 619-476-2476 for an Animal Control Officer to pick up the dog.
At the facility, the dog will be scanned for a microchip, which may provide information about the owner. In addition, the dog will be placed on public view and its photo will be posted on the internet to help the owner find their dog.
If you are interested in adopting the dog yourself, ask one of the facility staff members about placing a “finders hold” on the dog. If the owner does not claim it, you will be first in line to adopt the dog yourself! 
Chula Vista Animal Care Facility

17. What should I do if I find a stray cat?
If you find a cat that appears to be lost, please call Animal Control at (619)691-5123.



1. What if I have a weed complaint?
Weed complaints and enforcement of fire codes relating to dry weeds and combustible materials are handled by the Lemon Grove Fire Department. We can be reached by calling (619)825-3835.

2. I need to request an incident report.
Incident reports can be obtained by contacting the fire department. Reports may take up to 2 days to process. Some reports containing medical information are subject to legal restrictions.

3. September is National Preparedness Month. What can I do to prepare for a disaster?
National Preparedness Month is a nationwide effort held each September to encourage Americans to take simple steps to prepare for emergencies in their homes, businesses and schools. View the San Diego County National Preparedness Calendar to find events near you. In addition to the live events, you can find online resources such as UCSD-TV's "on-demand" disaster preparedness programming, the Department of Homeland Security's www.ready.gov site, and the Family Disaster Plan and Personal Survival Guide. www.sdcounty.ca.gov/oes

4. Is Lemon Grove Fire Department my fire department?
If you live or work within the City of Lemon Grove (zip code 91945) you are served by the Lemon Grove Fire Department. Surrounding areas and their fire agencies include Spring Valley (San Miguel Fire District), La Mesa (La Mesa Fire Department), and San Diego (San Diego Fire-Rescue Department).

human resources

1. How can I find out about City of Lemon Grove employment opportunities?
Persons interested in employment can access information by the following means:
Online on the City’s webpage
Lemon Grove City Hall
Advertisements are placed in local newspapers and/or professional journals.

The City maintains a binder of position descriptions. Fill out a “job interest card” for a position you have interest in. Should the position become available within the following year, you’ll be notified.

2. What positions are open?
For a listing of all jobs currently open, please visit the Job Postings.

3. How long will positions be open?
Please read the job description for closing dates. Occasionally, a position will be open until filled. When a position has been filled, it will be removed from all lists.

4. When may I submit an employment application?
You may submit an employment application when the City of Lemon Grove is actively recruiting. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of application forms.

5. Can I apply online?
No, City policy requires an original signature on the application. Applications may be delivered in person, or mailed. Faxed applications are not accepted. Please ensure that your application arrives at City Hall by the application deadline listed on the job posting.

6. Where and what hours can I apply for a position?
Application forms may downloaded from the website, or picked up at City Hall. Regular business hours of 8:00am–5:30pm M-Th. Completed applications must be returned to City Hall.
Lemon Grove City Hall
3232 Main Street
Lemon Grove, CA 91945
(619) 825-3800

7. What happens in the interview process?
The selection process may include practical, job-related exercises as well as interview questions with an interview panel.

8. Is there a medical examination?
There is a post offer pre-employment medical exam for regular positions, which includes drug screening, and a DMV background check. Recreation related positions also include a fingerprint background to screen criminal history.

public works


1. How do I report stray shopping carts?
To report a shopping cart on a street, alley, sidewalk or on private property, please call California Shopping Cart Retrieval. Reporting Instructions Here...

community services

1. What is the availability information on facilities?
The rental costs vary depending on hall, residency, and type of event.

3. Are permits required for air jumps at city parks?
No, the city does not require a permit for air jumps as of right now.

5. What day camps are available?
We offer two separate day camps, one two week program for Spring and a 10 – 9 weeks for Summer.

6. How do I reserve a gazebo at a Lemon Grove park?
Use of City gazebos are based on a first come first serve basis. If you would like to GUARANTEE that no one will be use the gazebo of your choice on a specific date, you can call City Hall at 619-825-3800 to reserve a gazebo. Upon reservation, you must fill out a Gazebo Rental Application, initial the Gazebo Rental Guidelines, and pay the $80 or $100 fee.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer