Assistant City Manager/ Public Works Director
- (619) 825-3814
- (619) 825-3819
- (619) 825-3813
- (619) 825-3800
- Address Request Application
- Appeal Application
- Doc Copy Affidavit
- Environmental Initial Study Application Fillable
- Permanent Sign Permit Application Fillable
- Planning Permit Submittal Checklist
- Residential Decks
- Retaining Wall (Level Backfill)
- Accessory Rental Dwelling Units (aka ARDUs, Second Units, or Granny Flats)
- Building Plan Submittal Handout
- Code Enforcement Complaint Form fillable
- Patio Covers
- Planning Permit Application Fillable
- Retaining Wall (Sloping Backfill)
- Temporary Sign Permit Application Fillable
- Temporary Use Permit Application fillable
- Wood & Masonry Fences
- Publ Rec Request form
What can I do to help out in the Lemon Grove community?
The easiest way to contribute is by taking care of your own property and by picking up three pieces of trash a day as you are out and about in the community regardless of where you are. A friendly demeanor and being neighborly will encourage others to do the same. The City and local non-profits are always looking for volunteers and we’d love to hear your ideas for improving our community as well.
What should I do to do add value to my home?Studies show, that based on cost, wood decks and patio covers, a fresh coat of paint, reducing clutter, and renovated landscape are the easiest and cheapest ways to add to the property value to your home and business.
Will I need to do a public street dedication or public street improvements as a part my building or planning permit application?Possibly, in accordance with Chapter 12.10, Building Permits valued over $15,000 may require public street dedication towards the ultimate right-of-way width in accordance with the General Plan Roadway Circulation Plan Figure M-1. Residential Collectors require a 56 foot public right-of-way width. Building Permits valued over $25,000 may require full street improvements along the street frontage. Additionally, as a part of any subdivision, planned development, or minor or conditional use permit, public street dedication and improvements may be required.
The Mayor and City Council are pleased to issue officiation proclamations and awards of recognition from the City of Lemon Grove to honor or recognize a person or an event that reflects special occasions or outstanding accomplishments in the lives of Lemon Grove residents. The Mayor and City Council's issuance of a proclamation does not constitute an endorsement.
To Request A City Proclamation
- Please send your desired wording highlighting the special occasion or outstanding accomplishment that you would like the Mayor to recognize. (View a sample proclamation, individual sample proclamation or organization sample proclamation, to get a sense of the language you might use).
- Mail (3232 Main Street, Lemon Grove, CA 91945) or e-mail the wording to Cassandra Mendenhall at firstname.lastname@example.org. All proclamations are subject to editing.
- Please note, all proclamations must fit on one page.
What To Expect
- We will use your suggested wording to prepare the proclamation.
- Please allow up to 10 business days for consideration and processing of your proclamation request.
- You will be able to pick up the finished proclamation at Lemon Grove City Hall.
- If your request does not meet the guidelines or we are unable to provide a proclamation, the City Manager's Office can provide a certificate of recognition as an alternative.
The City of Lemon Grove reserves the right to decline any request for a proclamation, as well as the right to make exceptions to the guideline procedures.