Recycling reduces waste, keeps our environment clean, extends the life of our landfills, and keeps waste disposal costs down. Recycle mixed paper, cardboard, plastic (#1 - #7), glass, aluminum and steel cans, etc. through your EDCO Disposal residential or commercial waste / recycling service.
Free Drop-off Recycling
It is illegal to dispose of hazardous waste in the trash. Hazardous products are poisonous to people and pets and pollute the environment. Lemon Grove offers the following free recycling opportunities:
- Batteries – Free drop-off at EDCO, 6700 Federal Boulevard
- Electronics – Free drop-off for residents and businesses at EDCO, 6700 Federal Boulevard
- Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) – Free residential drop-off by appointment only. Call EDCO to make an appointment at (619) 287-5696 Extension 4270.
- 2018 HHW Drop Off Dates: Jan. 20, Mar 17, May 12, June 9, July 21, Sept. 15, Oct. 13, Dec. 8
- HHW Samples
- Other Items – I Love A Clean San Diego database
- Sharps – Free drop-off for residents at EDCO, 6700 Federal Boulevard
- Universal Waste (U-Waste) – Free residential drop-off by appointment
- Used Motor Oil – Recycle used oil & filters at local oil recycling centers
Free Homebound ServicesLemon Grove offers a free Home Pickup Program, for the above hazardous waste categories.
Assembly Bill 341
California Commercial and Multifamily Recycling Mandate see http://www.calrecycle.ca.gov/recycle/commercial/
Assembly Bill 1826
California Commercial Organics Recycling Mandate see http://www.calrecycle.ca.gov/recycle/commercial/organics/
Construction & Demolition Debris (C&D) Recycling
The City’s C&D ordinance has a minimum 75% recycling rate for C&D debris and 100% recycling rate for land clearing debris. See link in left-hand column. See SANCO Resource Recovery for more information.
More InformationCalRecycle offers many free publications to help you reduce, reuse, and recycle.